GECCC MISSION STATEMENT
“We are an inclusive community committed to reaching others with the good news of Jesus Christ. In our life together, we nourish and equip people with a Biblically based faith. We desire to see God’s Great Commission ‘Go into all the World and preach the Gospel to every creature “ and to ‘ make disciples of all the nations’
Therefore, our mission continues to be that we fulfil Christ’s Great Commission through evangelism, discipleship and church planting in the local Melbourne area, throughout Australia and internationally. It is simple obedience to this command that is the passion and driving force of our church.
With this focus, we are constantly endeavouring to reach unsaved and unchurched people with the gospel of Jesus Christ, and to spread the good news of God’s love and saving grace throughout the world. Whether we use Christian bands, street preaching or door-to-door evangelism, our focus and goal is to help lead people into their own personal and saving relationship with the Saviour Jesus Christ and have their lives transformed.
- We value intimacy with God because that’s the purpose of our existence (Matthew 22:37-38)
- We value prayer to be the air we breathe (1 Thessalonians 5:17; John 15:4-5)
- We value God to be worthy of our best in all things, beginning with worship (Colossians 3:23-24)
- We value faithfulness to God’s Word through diligent study and expository preaching (2 Timothy 2:15)
- We value courage to do the right thing because God is with us and God is for when we do (Joshua 1:9)
- We value humility because God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble (James 4:6)
- We value love because without it all is in vain (1 Corinthians 13:1-3; Ephesians 4:15)
- We value the deeply vulnerable because they are deeply valuable to God (James 1:27)
- We value justice and righteousness because they are the foundation of God’s throne (Psalm 89:14; Isaiah 1:17)
- We value honouring God and His gifts because God honours those who honour Him (1 Samuel 2:30; James 1:17; Proverbs 3:9; Matthew 10:40-42